Monday 25 April 2016

Resting in Peace....

Last week I got in my first game post-Storm. Stephen's Ogres met my VC on the field having avoided each other at 2 tournaments. Where Liddle's Ogres had munched their way through me in relatively quick fashion, Stephen and I had a more relaxed, but still competitive game - he's trying to teach me to think more like a tournament as the scene round here is more competitive than I'm used to (as I've mentioned before). I rejigged my list slightly, dropping my L1 Vamp to boost both Genevieve and Kruger, and came out with a 7-13 loss. Turns out that I can put the hurt on Ogres when I hit them with the Ethereals (and when there's no magical shooting to nail said ghostly units!).

I'll be taking him on again tomorrow with a further tweaked list: Genevieve on the Abyssal is resting for the night, and her sister Marie will take control, alongside Kruger and Vorash as I try out a mini-scream list for size.

Thursday has another game lined up, and I think I'm resting the VC altogether for this one. Cry Havoc 16 looms on the horizon, and I feel the call of Chaos once more - time for the Slaaneshi Warriors to boot up and march to war...

The end of the summer looks like it might bring another 1-dayer in September, I think that's the perfect chance to push another 2500-3000pt army and make it 2 completed armies for the year, but Empire or Dark Elves, that is the question?! My VC project has been a lot of fun, but time to shelf it for a bit (still over 1500pts of bits to build and paint, and I'll be honest, I'm a bit burned out on bones!)

Coming off the back burner in the next few weeks will also be Malifaux, thanks to the arrival of both my M2E Starter set, and some lovely resin bases - time to get painting!

2 comments:

Positive Oldhammer chap said...

Be good to see the WoC in action again - I fondly recall Bonehelm's many brawls with Olafssohn. And don't think that feud is over!

Also, I would love to see how you paint Empire! It might drag my standards up out of jealousy!

Iainspired said...

Bonehelm is deciding his next move, and awaiting Khorne's Juggernaut which I stripped back after not liking the original paint scheme. Drak'nyah has found another Slaaneshi champion to accompany him on the road to war - we'll see how he goes tonight...

The latest additions to the DE slavers arrived from Mr. Ebay this morning, 30 more corsairs, 30 more DE warriors and 5 more Cold One Knights, so I must look at how they're going to work. I need to try out some options on the Empire/Bretonnian mix - want them dirty but a sensible mix of provinces. I'm thinking that Ostermark gives me a nice core in a colour that doesn't offend me!